- Missouri student president gets called ‘n****r’ on campus — and his Facebook response is beautiful
After having the N-word screamed at him from the back of a pick-up truck on the University of Missouri campus, the Student Association president wrote an impassioned Facebook post detailing life at the midwestern school for students who aren’t straight and white.
- No, We Shouldn’t Privatize PBS
As Sesame Street partners with HBO, it’s important to remember the vitality of public television.
- Should a 13-Year-Old Boy Who Kissed a Girl on a Dare Be Charged with Assault?
Last week, in a middle school just outside Baltimore, a 13-year-old boy grabbed a 14-year-old girl by the shirt, pulled her to his face, and stuck his tongue inside her mouth. Police arrested the boy and charged him as a juvenile with second-degree assault.
- 17 Biblical Rules for Marriage Kim Davis Should Really Take a Look At
Can zombies get married, according to the Bible? Find out below!
- The 14th amendment is under attack because it is essential for racial justice | Flavia Jimenez
The amendment protects minorities, children of undocumented parents and more. No wonder some conservatives are going after it.
- Could There Be Cities Just For Anti-Gay People In Our Future?
The leader of an anti-gay Christian group wants all homophobes to form their own cities so they can escape things like marriage equality and other basic civil rights.
- I’ve Refused Work Because Of My Religion. Here’s What Kim Davis Doesn’t Understand About Faith.
Carving out space for individual workers’ religious objections cannot infringe on the rights of the people whom they’ve been tasked to serve. Nonetheless, in our post-Hobby Lobby society, the calculus has recently tipped much too far toward allowing religious individuals to wield their beliefs to diminish the rights of other people.