Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- The Christian right needs Jesus: Why its leaders are so indifferent to human suffering – Salon.com
Religious conservatives view pain as an expression of virtue, and the proof is in their reproductive healthcare.
- Make them shut up about God: The right-wing’s religious delusions are killing us — and them – Salon.com
These are trying times for rationalist rejecters of make-believe celestial tyrants and human-authored “magic” books.
- America’s Founders Wanted Church And State To Be Separate And So Should You
There’s a lot of debate over whether or not the United States is a Christian nation (and if you look at how many Americans say they practice Christianity you may think that it is), but there’s no doubt that it was intended to be secular.
- I don't act like an 'angry black woman' – but I'm read that way if I broach race | Rebecca Carroll
The trope is alive and well; I’m never just offended, or annoyed, or feeling strengthened by my convictions in the eyes of others.
- America is for a-holes: Inside the secret to Donald Trump’s success – Salon.com
The rich and powerful have always followed a different set of rules. Now Donald Trump is taking it to the extreme
- Kim Davis, Would You Mind Terribly Just Going Away?
The “Kim Davis Revue” isn’t funny or even entertaining anymore.
- 5 Conservative Hoaxes, Lies and Absurd Urban Legends That Have Made America Stupider
Lies and hoaxes are a major part of modern-day conservatism.
- #ShoutYourAbortion: This Is What a 22 1/2 Week Abortion Looks Like
I was always pro-choice, but before this experience I was wishy-washy about late-term abortion – even with my adjacent medical knowledge.