- Are Americans Drinking Themselves to Death?
Alcohol destroys more lives than all other drugs combined. Why aren’t policy makers wringing their hands over that?
- They want America to fail: The Tea Party far right hates the GOP — and their own country
The Tea Party’s most recent antics, which have forced the Speaker of the House to retire and prevented a new one from being chosen, demonstrate once again that its members don’t know much about American democracy, just as the name they chose for themselves demonstrates that the don’t know much about American history.
- Yes, George W. Bush Bears Some Responsibility for U.S. Vulnerability on 9/11 (Video)
The Donald Trump-Jeb Bush tiff over whether George W. Bush “kept us safe” is another example of how Donald Trump is better than Karl Rove at politics.
- If drug addiction were treated like other diseases my son might be alive today | Patty DiRenzo
I survived breast cancer, but my son died at the age of 26 because those struggling with addiction do not receive the care they need.
- Editorial: How to Get Around a Criminal Record
Many people who committed minor offenses are blocked from employment and other basic rights for years afterward.
- 7 Ways Police Will Break the Law, Threaten, or Lie to You to Get What they Want
Cops routinely break the law. Here’s how.
- ADHD: Celebrating 34 Years of Progress
My message has always been, and remains today, one of hope rooted in knowledge. We have the knowledge now to help people of all ages live great lives with ADHD. While the condition can be vexing and troublesome in the extreme, there is always help, always hope. I’ve seen many, many lives turn around with the right kind of treatment, which usually includes medication, coaching, and various other interventions tailored to the individual person.