- The terrifying consequences of open carry: Neighbor’s pleas for help go unheeded before gunman kills three
When Naomi Bettis called 911 on Halloween morning to report a gunman going on a shooting rampage in the streets of Colorado Springs, Colorado, it was her second call for help. Bettis had earlier called 911 to report a suspicious man brandishing a rifle, only to be told by the emergency operator that no help was coming because Colorado is an open-carry state.
- What Is It About Christians and Bathrooms?
What is it about civil rights that gets some people so worked up about bathrooms?
- Work-Life Balance: Stressed, Tired, Rushed: A Portrait of the Modern Family
A Pew survey captures how working parents are feeling shorted on time with their children, friends, partners or hobbies.
- The Christian evolution on homosexuality, in one chart
A lot can change in just a few years.
- Everyone Wants To Be The Hammer
The people who care for and hold things together are just as important as those who aggressively make change happen.
- The War on Terror and Gay Marriage: How a Generation Turned Against Religious Extremism
During the "war on terror," the LGBT community has gone from social pariah to a symbol of global progress. An unseen feedback loop has propelled millenials into a progressivism: The more evangelicals demanded holy law in public spaces, the more they reflected Al Qaeda.
- Sympathy is for white people: The “60 Minutes” segment that highlights America’s startling double standard on addiction
“Heroin in the Heartland” was an exposé on the human cost of drug use, the families destroyed and the lives lost. It was also an example of how, in the War on Drugs, black and brown people receive hefty prison sentences, while white people are shown, above all else, sympathy. Lady Justice is not blind. Her scales are heavily weighted against people of color, the poor, the working class, the disabled, and the “mentally ill.”
- Stop the Abuse of Children in School: Expel the Police
Here’s an idea for the adults who oversee our public schools: Let’s stop beating up schoolchildren, pepper-spraying them, tossing them out of the classroom, and jailing them for doing the normal things kids do.
- Christian Couple Sue for Right to Keep Their Kids Uneducated as They Await Rapture
In many states, homeschooling is basically unregulated.