Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- How Donald Trump destroyed the Republican Party in 2015
He’s giving voice to the anger and fear that the establishment GOP exploits but doesn’t directly articulate.
- Donald Trump is the bloated narcissist the Christian right has been searching for all along
Trump and America’s religious right are not as different as one would think. If any corner of American Christianity encourages narcissism, it’s conservative evangelical Christianity.
- We betray our children by making them afraid to fail | Matthew Syed
Our X Factor culture obscures the fact that the most important element of success is resilience.
- [toread] White guys are killing us: Toxic, cowardly masculinity, our unhealable national illness
America was born as, and remains, a culture and society dedicated to maintaining the dominance, privilege, and power of white men over people of color and women. This was not an accident, bug, or a glitch. It was a feature.
- The War on Drugs Is Over and We Lost
The number of people who died of drug overdoses in 2014 is double those who died in 2000.
- "Antidote to the Republicans" Hanukah at a Mosque Was the Most American Thing I've Ever Seen
It’s sort of the opposite of listening to the Republican debates. It’s the antidote to the Republicans.
- A Big Win for Planned Parenthood
Little noticed in the deal that Congress approved Friday is the fact that the anti-abortion lobby got wiped out. The deal included no provisions cutting funding for Planned Parenthood — an issue on which Republicans have been prepared to shut down the government in past budget fights.