Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- WATCH: Moms share their love for their transgender kids — and cut the heart out of anti-LGBT bigotry
n a stunning — and at times heartbreaking video — mothers of transgender children push back at the vitriol expressed toward the transgender community, while expressing their love for their children just the way they are.
- Prince Didn't Die From Pain Pills—He Died From Chronic Pain
When someone dies from complications of chronic pain, the media labels it a drug overdose.
- Black and Brown Boys Don't Need to Learn "Grit," They Need Schools to Stop Being Racist
It’s racism that really keeps students out of college and careers, not kids’ lack of resilience.
- Make America empathetic again
Clinton’s visit to Appalachia represents one of the admirable moments of her campaign.
- Op-Ed Columnist: Black Men, Violence and ‘Fierce Urgency’
Yes, personal choice plays a role, but people make choices within an environmental context — which is affected by state and federal policy.
- A monument for the Stonewall riots is nice, but the fight for LGBT rights goes on | David Ferguson
If the Stonewall Inn becomes a national monument, it will be an incredible testament to how far LGBT people have come. But we can’t grow complacent.
- The South Plays Dixie
Germany has no monument to the slave state that was the Third Reich or to its leaders that betrayed Germany. Why does the American South? Best course is to honor the memory of the dead and to remember the evil of the period.