- Donald Trump Has Already Destroyed the GOP
Donald Trump is a ridiculous small fraction of a man with an inferiority complex big enough to bend the very light. He is the creation of a political party that has spent decades cobbling him together like Frankenstein’s monster using parts made of misogyny, racism, hatred, ignorance and fear. Now the monster is out of the laboratory.
- Gene Simmons’ Prince apology: What he gets wrong—and right—about addiction
Speculation has run high since Prince’s sudden death in April that he was abusing opioids — less than a week before he died, he fell unconscious and was reportedly administered an opioid overdose antidote. His exact cause of death is still, however, under investigation.
- Entitled, Racist, Bigoted, Thugs: It Is Time to Call Donald Trump Supporters by Their Real Names
The right-wing’s playbook—culture war, Southern Strategy, Fox News lies—has come home to roost with one man.
- Experts: Bullying a Major Public Health Problem
Bullying is not a natural part of growing up and should be recognized as a major public health problem with consequences lasting far beyond childhood, according to experts in a new report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.
- The problem with teaching 'grit' to poor kids? They already have it. Here's what they really need.
While grit theory offers little of value to those disadvantaged students, it can certainly harm them, by romanticizing hardship.
- Transgender Rights Are a Civil Right
You simply cannot trample on the civil rights of others because you think it’s politically expedient — that is not only morally reprehensible, but outrageously discriminatory.
- Purity Pledges Have an Unfortunate Connection to Unwanted Pregnancies
Teens who break the abstinence pledge end up being ill-prepared for safe sex.
- When It Comes to Consent, There Are No Gray Areas
There should be no gray area when it comes to consent and sexual assault, and our laws should reflect that.
- Germany to annul convictions of gay men
Germany is set to annul the convictions of gay men under a law criminalising homosexuality that was applied zealously in post-WWII West Germany.