- Editorial: An Openly Gay Man Runs the Army
The confirmation of Eric Fanning as Army secretary provides a good opportunity to take stock of the nation’s progress.
- The right wing hates America: The loudest flag-waving patriots are always the dangerous hypocrites
Does the right wing hate America? It has become a legitimate and important question to consider.
- Sonia Sotomayor Tells Grads To Embrace The Awful 'Uh-Oh' Moments
"The ‘uh-oh’ moments are worth cherishing just as much as ‘ah-ha’ moments: Mistakes, failures, embarrassments and disappointments are a necessary component of growing wise," Sotomayor said.
- San Diego Padres Apologize to Gay Chorus After They are Booed off the Field During Anthem Fiasco
The president of San Diego’s major league baseball team has apologized to the San Diego Gay Men’s Chorus after plans for them to sing the National Anthem went awry Saturday night, causing them to be booed off the field.
- ‘Oriental’ Will Now Only Be Used To Describe Vases and Carpets, Not People
“The term ‘Oriental’ has no place in federal law and at long last this insulting and outdated term will be gone for good."
- Want Cheaper Flights? Regulate Airlines Like Public Utilities
As industries become more concentrated, the state needs to step in to protect access, innovation, and fairness.