Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- I Had to Leave the U.S. to Stop Pretending to Be an Extrovert
America values the bold and gregarious, but when I moved to Switzerland, I found my people—no fake smiles required.
- Prince’s Death Reveals How Hard It Is To Escape Opioid Addiction
As Prince’s death shows, our nation faces a troubling dilemma: We’re simultaneously in the midst of a chronic pain epidemic and an opioid epidemic.
- Forget the Economy. Donald Trump Is Fighting the Culture Wars.
The economy has been picking up for years and all of the evidence suggests that most Trump supporters are doing at least OK financially. What bugs them is culture war stuff.
- The Limits of White Compassion: Imagine If Black Lives Mattered as Much as One Gorilla's
Harambe’s death is a tragedy—as are the deaths of Black people killed by police. They deserve your outrage, too.
- Trump wants revenge: His hunger to be president is all about gaining power to settle petty personal scores
Increasingly, the evidence is pointing to a certain conclusion: Donald Trump is running for president because he believes the power and fame of the White House will allow him to settle the score in his ever-expanding list of petty grievances.
- Good riddance to the “Devil Wears Prada” economy: It’s not just exploitative, it’s a diversity killer
Is the “Devil Wears Prada” economy coming to a close? Will the sort-of-abusive, round-the-clock, sadistic-boss culture of entry-level jobs in Hollywood, book publishing, fashion magazines, and Washington politics find itself done in by the new overtime rules?