- Trump And Mateen: Brothers In Hate
Let’s call out Trump for what he is. He’s the flipside of Omar Mateen — a man driven by hate, a man who would call America to define itself by its hates.
- The Orlando massacre’s moral imperative: Don’t propagate hate
Preventing further violence requires wisdom, not posturing.
- This statistic about gun violence in America seems hard to believe, but is true
In fact, if you add up the number of firearm-related deaths in America since 1968, that figure is larger than all of the battlefield casualties in all of the wars in American history.
- Samantha Bee Furiously Demands We Work, Not Pray, to Change Society After the Pulse Shooting (Video)
“There is no shortage of troubled twenty-somethings out there and whether they’re radicalized by ISIS or homophobia or white nationalism or a dislike a movies,” said the “Full Frontal” host, “we are making it far too easy for their derangement to kill us.”
- We Have a Right to Grieve Losses Big and Small
There is no healing without grief and no grief without pain. To stop yourself from grieving because it’s against the rules or because you think it shouldn’t hurt so much leaves you emotionally stunted and numb.
- Overcompensation Nation: It’s time to admit that toxic masculinity drives gun violence
In the midst of pitched battles over whether some Americans can discriminate against LGBT Americans based on religion, we are viscerally reminded that terror and violence do not discriminate.
- It’s easier for privileged men like the Stanford attacker to bounce back from prison
Money, education and support systems cushion the blow.