Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- The Most Damning Speech of the GOP Convention
Here’s the problem, Republicans. Three days from now, this show you’re putting on will be over. All the promises made by people who aren’t Donald Trump will be gone. The only thing you’ll be left with is the guy you actually nominated for president. And what he has said—and continues to say—is so awful that you couldn’t bring yourselves, in four days of talking about him, to face who he really is.
- I lived as a transgender woman in peace for years. Then the GOP got involved.
Since the "bathroom bills," I’ve experienced newfound humiliation, threats and harassment. The Republican National Convention will only make it worse.
- White fragility is real: 4 questions white people should ask themselves during discussions about race
Here are a few ways I check myself against white fragility.
- Barack Obama Helped Us Peer Into the Racial Divide
It may take years to fully appreciate how dramatically this presidency has bent the arc of history toward justice.
- America is too damn hot: U.S. faces dramatic rise in extreme heat and humidity
We found that scores of U.S. cities home to tens of millions of people will face dramatic increases in dangerous and extreme heat days by the middle of this century if current greenhouse gas emissions trends continue.
- ‘Make America Great Again’ is not a policy. It’s an exercise in mass psychology.
To peddle hatred instead of real plans is to skirt the central political questions of our time.