Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- Why Donald Trump's Careless Words Are Much More Dangerous Than He Seems To Understand
The only lucid message Trump’s sending at this point: He’s not a reliable communicator. It doesn’t matter if you have the best words ― as Trump has literally claimed ― or if you’re refreshingly frank and un-PC. If no one understands what the words mean, and you can’t even commit to their meaning, you’ve failed as a leader.
- Schools that accept ‘no excuses’ from students are not helping them – The Washington Post
About 100 students protested the lack of minority teachers near the campus of Achievement First Amistad High School. (Brian Zahn / The New Haven Register) When I taught at a charter school, I once
- 'Politically incorrect' ideas are mostly rude, not brave
The sad thing about so much supposed truth-telling is that their supposed transgressions aren’t remotely risky. They’re just rude.
- Do Not Rape And Teach Your Sons Not To Rape
Adult and teenaged men need to stop raping and parents need to teach their boys how to not become rapists. We are not entitled to anyone’s body other than our own.
- Freddie Gray Was a Victim of Our Criminal Justice Slaughterhouse System
How is it a victim of homicide was killed by no one?