Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- America’s lesbian, gay, bisexual teens 300 percent more likely to be raped or beaten than classmates
Teens in the U.S. who identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual are three times more likely to be raped than their heterosexual peers. They are significantly more likely to be the victims of violence, to suffer from depression and to engage in risky behaviors like drug use.
- Mychal Denzel Smith Shares The Fears Of Every Young Black Man
“I also came of age post 9/11 and the Iraq war. I thought maybe I could get sent off to war and die there,” he told Noah. “And then George Zimmerman kills Trayvon Martin and now you have to worry about people who think they’re police officers. So there’s all of these different elements at play contributing to that anxiety that your life is devalued in a way that could end at any moment.”
- The Mistreatment Of Donald Trump
Nobody is mistreating Mr. Trump. To the contrary, we are listening and shaking in our boots as Mr. Trump’s own words continue to rattle the people, that Mr. Trump in fact has targeted to rattle from the time he took to the political trail. All in love, war, and politics, is fair.
- And People Ask Why Rape Victims Don't Report To Police
This week, two incidents played out in the news that seemed to confirm some of the worst fears about how America’s criminal justice system handles sexual assault.
- Judge Spares Prison for 'Entitled' Rapist Who Admitted Attack on 'F*cking B*tch' Who Rejected Him
This is the second prominent case this year where a rapist got a slap on the wrist.
- Race, party politics and Trump: The theory that the billionaire is also destroying the Democratic Party is just bunk
In other words, the Democrats have not abandoned the working class in favor of urban sophisticates. It remains the backbone of their coalition as it’s always been. It’s just that the working class is not as white as it used to be.