- Ignorance Is Not a Virtue, and Knowledge Is Not a Vice
The idea lives on: “Regular” or “everyday” Americans have been failed by out-of-touch elites and the mainstream media, who basically have screwed up the country.
- Naming America’s Own Genocide
A Pomo girl photographed by Edward S. Curtis, 1924. (Rauner Library at Dartmouth College) This spring, the US Congress passed a unanimous resolution condemning ISIS for its genocide against Yazidis,
- Donald Trump and His Words, Words, Words
“Sacrifice” and “sarcastic” are the most egregious examples of the Republican presidential nominee’s blatant misuse of words. It’s high time the media called his bluff.
- Canada Is Apologizing to Its Gay Citizens — Should America Follow Suit?
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wants to help right some of the wrongs of the past. Barack Obama — or Hillary Clinton — could do the same.
- Dear NBC and Adoption Shamers: Whoever Simone Biles Calls Her Parents Are Her Parents
Simone Biles’ family story is a reminder that there are all kinds of loving families.