Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- How to Get Away With Murder: The Death of Terence Crutcher and the Drug War
Step one: Make sure you have a badge and the person you are murdering is black. Step two: Add drugs.
- Why are cops OK with killing black people? Because American history teaches that we aren’t fully human
When was the last time a white person was gunned down for needing vehicular assistance?
- The Trump Foundation: what's known is shocking. We need to know more | Jill Abramson
Revelations that Donald Trump’s so-called charity helped him settle legal disputes are extraordinary, and would sink Clinton. This is vital reporting
- Hating Donald Trump isn’t enough – we need to talk about why Hillary Clinton rules | Lindy West
If we care about our future as a non-blown-up planet, it’s time to stop treating the Democratic candidate as if she’s barely better than a literal white supremacist
- Enough With the Metrics: Why I Want Education 'Reformers'' Hands off My Granddaughter's Schooling
Our national obsession with metrics and assessments is damaging to students.
- Terence Crutcher wasn't a 'bad dude' – just a black man in America | Michael Twitty
The shooting of an unarmed father of four in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is a reminder that we are viewed as threats by police simply for looking the way we do
- Michelle Obama Is Not Here For Your Mental Health Stigma
Got something judgmental to say about mental illness? Michelle Obama is here to set you straight.
- Dear Democrats: Stop freaking out
To beat Trump, Clinton and her party should focus on fundamentals.
- Hillary Clinton Was Politically Incorrect, but She Wasn't Wrong About Trump's Supporters
When Hillary Clinton claims that half of Trump’s supporters qualify as “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic,” data is on her side.