Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- The Willful Ignorance Of Hillary Haters
Nitwits, dolts, and Scott Baio today cited a purloined e-mail as proof that Hillary Clinton "has begun to hate everyday Americans." This will all be over shortly.
- Trump says he'll put Clinton in jail. It's a threat that should terrify us.
He would use the presidency to persecute his personal enemies.
- Trump’s racist ruse: His farcical outreach to black voters is just white supremacy in disguise
Donald Trump’s “outreach” to black voters is a farce. Luckily, the mainstream media is beginning to clue into the fact that when Trump speaks about black people, the message is about reassuring his white supporters that they aren’t really racist, more than trying to win over black voters.
- Luke Cage’s bulletproof body: “Marvel’s Luke Cage” is a needed dose of cool at a painful time
Cool is at the heart of black life and living, available in any number of shades and with various complexities. Series creator Cheo Hodari Coker uses “Luke Cage” to illustrate and play with all the elements of cool in his superhero series, celebrating the preciousness of black life as it’s lived and viewed from the perspective of a black man in Harlem — one who happens to be bulletproof.
- It's The Skin Color, Stupid
You don’t like the choices? Trump or Hillary? You, and everyone before you, brought us to this point. For whites, it’s High Noon in Mayberry. For people of color, it’s high time for change.